Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP)
University employees are now eligible to participate in Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to purchase a licensed copy of most Microsoft® Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer.
Under the Home Use Program, you and our other employees may purchase a licensed copy of the Home Use Program software (e.g. Office Enterprise) to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using HUP software while you are under the university's employment and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order.
To place your order on the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
- Click here to get more information about Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP) and retrieve the university's program code. You will need this code in step 4 below. You will need to enter your UL CLID and password in order to access the program code.
- Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/
- Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
- Enter your university e-mail address and insert the program code obtained in step 1.
- Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- Place your order online. You will then be able to download the software. If you choose to purchase physical backup media it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation.
For more information, please visit the Help Desk website.